Interested in being a contributor for PreemieBabies101? We would love to hear from you!
Whether you have a preemie and spent time in the NICU, have a special needs child or have experienced a loss, this blog reaches out to parents touched by all of these issues. We are looking to build a diverse base of bloggers to share their personal experience on a wide variety of topics related to prematurity. Prior to publication, all content will be reviewed and bloggers will receive no compensation for their posts. They will receive plenty of kudos and warm fuzzies for sharing their knowledge and opinions to help other families. We prefer that you wait to submit your application until your child has been discharged from the NICU for at least six months, twelve is preferable but this is not a hard and fast rule.
Submit your first post to us in text only version by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: PreemieBabies101 Contributor Application.
Please include the following information, as well:
- Daytime phone number and email address
- Blog URL
- Please tell us a little about yourself (2-3 sentences).
- How old is your preemie or preemies now? What week was he/she born? Give us a brief background of your preemie (3-4 sentences).
- What are some of your writing ideas? A few of our current categories include: Grief & Bereavement, Emotional Health, Finances & Insurance and Sibling Support.
- Please list a few links to your posts or attach any samples of things you’ve written.
Your post will then be reviewed and subject to edits.
There is a requirement of 4 posts per year, though you may contribute more often.